Monday 22 September 2014

The Cadaverine and Next Generation Poets 2014

It's been a busy month for poetry for me. I have been working on the Administration of the Poetry Book Society's Next Generation Poets 2014, which took a huge amount of work getting the website ready in time for the announcement. Whatever anyone thinks about the 20 names on the list, I hope people are interested in the video archive we created. Filming the poets reading and talking about their work - and having Ian McMillan give his insightful, witty and poetic introductions to each book - was a fantastic experience and I think has created an admirable catalogue of videos that will be watched for a long time to come.


I have also been given the voluntary job of Poetry Reviews Editor for the Cadaverine magazine. They are an online poetry/prose/reviews portal I have always been a huge fan of, on account of publishing exclusively the work on the under-30s. We've already begun building a team of reviewers and I'll be looking especially to focus on debut collections and pamphlets. Check out the Submission Guidelines for details of how to get involved.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment