Tuesday 21 June 2011

Sick Day

I've managed to sprain my ankle at work, so am laid up at home at the moment (which is actually quite nice). What to do lying on a sofa all day?

Well I've edited some poems thanks to a helpful workshop yesterday with my MA group, and found I have nearly half the pages I need for my final portfolio which is heartening, although I don't know where the next half is going to come from. I have also been reading a chapter from Willard Spiegelman's book 'How Poets See the World'. It's about the art of description in contemporary poetry, which is a stones throw from my dissertation title on James Schuyler, which means I have been taking plenty of notes.

Meanwhile I have been watching tennis on mute (bring back the football season), and carrying out important youtube research inspired by a friend who pointed me in the direction of a new Radiohead song/session. Definitely my favourite band of all time - which reminds me of one of the best remixes ever made, below (give it a chance to get into it).

No comments:

Post a Comment